Educational Barriers in Today's Environment:
1. Do we really know our kids; their family life, social issues, home life, family connections, beliefs?
2. Do parents have a full understanding of their child's ambitions? Or do parents "get in the way" of that? No parent will purposefully hamper any opportunity for their child, but if they misunderstand or are disconnected, they will appear to be "in the way."
3. Is our staff clear about the vision or direction of the school district? Of their building? Of their role? Make clear the expectations of the district. Communicate the end goal in its relation to post-graduation plans and the future of the community.
Businesses today are looking for:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Less concern on what you know going in to the job.
- There is a need for innovation and methods to do things better.
- Staff who will question/challenge their thinking and processes.
- A need to constantly look at the mission of the business to monitor its societal worthiness.
Do our daily learning opportunities in schools teach this?
- Do you lead with a vision or an agenda? After answering that question, which do you think people will follow?...
- Leaders must have people on their team who are comfortable disagreeing. This is NOT to say that team members who work against each other is healthy. Rather it's healthy to consider other points of view.
- In order to be an effective leader, you must release the need to always be correct. This is known as "Intellectual Humility."